Server Hall was built in 1878 by famous American architect Henry Hobson Richardson. It was commissioned by Anne Sever in honor of her deceased husband and was built as an addition to Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Sever Hall features Richardson’s typical Romanesque styling with vertical design, large towers, and archways. Instead of the usual stone building material however, red bricks were used in the construction instead. The building has several smaller classrooms and larger lecture halls and is still in use today. Located on the third floor is the Grossman Library. Sever Hall is one of Richardson’s most famous works and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1970.